Tuesday, April 1, 2008

ArtFest, Here I Come!!!



Completely ridiculously excited to think that by this time tomorrow I will have arrived in Port Townsend (4 buses, 2 ferries and I'm there!), and will have begun the fantastic experience that ArtFest '08 is certain to be!




Thought I'd post a quick pic of the trades I made to bring along-- little mini-books, somewhere in the vicinity of 63 in all, each completely different, containing a wide variety of cool papers and dictionary pages and assorted ephemera for the Festers to enjoy-- maybe even to incorporate into the art they make during these next few days!
***CLICK on photo to enlarge it so that you can get a better look! :) The cute little owl is this year's logo, designed by ArtFest creator and all-around creative genuis Teesha Moore-- this year's theme is Forest Walk.... Certainly looking forward to strolling along the forest's edge as it meets the sea at Fort Warden! Port Townsend is one of my very favorite places, and how amazing is it that this retreat that draws people from all over the world happens so close by!




Giddy with anticipation, gathering up the last little bits and pieces, checking off that to-do list, getting ready to embark upon the glorious journey ahead! Will leave the house before 7:30, white-chocolate-peppermint mocha in one hand, suitcase in another, pack on my back and off I go! Certain to have loads of amazing experiences to recount upon my return.... Until then, peace and love to all ya'll! Ciao, darlin's!!!




3 comments:

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Yes, yes, yes! Have so much fun, Sweets! I told two other blogger artists who will be there to look for you, give you a hug from me, and hug them back for me :) Can't wait to hear all the details upon your return!!!!
xoxo
k-

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun!

I wish you safe travels and a fabulous art escape. I hope you have a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

those are super cute. I am on my way today too, but instead of taking my shower, here I sit with coffee cking out new blogs!!!