Saturday, May 17, 2008

Things That Make My Heart Sing!

IMG_3451

Greetings, all, from the land of delightfully warm sun-shininess! (Well, at least for a well-loved and much-appreciated day or two, anyway....)

Thought I'd make a wee list of just *some* of the many things that have been making my heart sing this week...



*You're invited to check out my latest set of photos @ flickr for some lovely visual impressions from the highly enjoyable Mama's Day '08. The stunningly gorgeous henna work was done by Ms. Kara Jones (*SO* one of my very favorite people in the whole wide world!), and the stunningly gorgeous card and flowers were from the one-and-only Ms. Sequoia!

(Yes, I'm still figuring out stuff like inserting hyperlinks and uploading to flickr and etc etc etc so thanks for your patience as I wind my way through the twists and turns of this virtual world full of useful tools for conveying thoughts, images, sounds and sights and emotions....)

*As summer time draws ever-nearer, my taste-buds giggled with glee this week at the delightful combination of the year's first cherries, dipped into the whipped cream atop my iced white-chocolate mocha-- fuel on Friday afternoon for the evening's shift at Luna.... I am most thankful indeed to have a job I truly enjoy, which continues to nourish me in sometimes surprising ways-- and it's certainly an easy commute! :)

*Right this very minute, merrily multi-tasking my way through the evening, my heart soars along with the ***rawther*** gorgeous "Soaring and Silken, Sad and Lovely" songs of Devotchka, as described by NPR-- including an archive of one of their recent shows at this site.

Planning to catch them on this coast soon at the Capitol Hill Block Party in July....

*Also looking forward to an 8-week online art-journaling class that will begin June 2-- I've long enjoyed this artist's enthusiastic and welcoming approach, and the price is exceedingly reasonable at $15-- should any of you out there also like to sign up! :)

OK, 'bout it from me for now.... What's been making YOUR heart sing this week???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm counting down the days until all the Farmers Markets open here in the city. In the meantime, we've spent a lot of time soaking up the springtime sun--dodging raindrops on our way to the park or the local store with Graeme in tow. Chicagoans breathe a sigh of relief and hit the streets en masse this time of year. We're joining in with that tradition and stocking up on Chicago memories to take with us. :)

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Hey there!!
Thanks for the mention and the great photo of the henna :)

You've been tagged! See the latest entry on my blog for info :)

http://motherhenna.blogspot.com/2008/05/q-tagged-and-friday-fill-in.html

love you!
me

Raene said...

I'm looking forward to my trip out to Seattle in July :)